Work Experience With GMFC
As a student, work experience is one of the most valuable activities that can be done to support career development.
It gives students time at a workplace to learn about an occupation or industry. It is an opportunity for students to develop skills, learn about the world of work and to decide what kind of things they
would like to do.
Work experience has many benefits. It can give:
- Knowledge of what a job involves
- Stuctured, supervised, hands-on experience
- Skills that will be recognised in other work places
- Confidence in the ability to learn and master new skills and tasks
- Work-life skills, such as communicating well or working in teams
- A chance to demonstrate how you can contribute in a work environment
- An understanding of the world of work
- An opportunity to demonstrate commitment and reliability
- A new referee to add to your resume
- An employment opportunity
During work experience with us, we are able to provide students with a well-rounded experience and knowledge of the work, organisation and structure of the charity and the projects we deliver. We follow the latest Health and Safety and safeguarding guidelines.
Our GMFC work experience partners;
Kingston and Richmond Education partnership work closely with local schools and academies to arrange suitable work experience placements for young people in years 10 and 11.